Surfrider SD is excited to be hosting the 20th Annual Paddle For Clean Water this year in Ocean Beach. Mark your calendars now for Sunday September 18th and we’ll see you there.
Since the 20th Annual is a big round number we want to make this an extra special event and get as many people involved as possible. We want to start right now by reaching out to our supporters to help you develop our event artwork this year. It will be used on hundreds of posters, thousands of postcards, hundreds of t-shirts and more. Click Here for examples of past event artwork.
We would love to see your talents, please submit a draft of your ’20th Annual Paddle For Clean Water’ poster design by Friday, April 15th. Here are the guidelines:
1. Each participant may submit up to three entries and entry is free of charge.
2. Your original poster design file must be in CMYK color mode, 18×24 (inches) as an Illustrator “.ai” file or “.jpg”. If you win you will be asked to send the layered original file for verification purposes and also a high resolution PDF version for printing. Keeping it to four colors or fewer helps us keep the printing costs down. The final design must incorporate the new SurfriderSD logo, email if you would like it in advance.
** A basic jpg or tiff for the draft is ok, but an ai, pdf or eps final version would be needed if you win. **
3. SurfriderSD assumes all entries are original creations and the work and property of the entrant with all rights granted therein. The participant retains the copyright of the submitted image.
4. The winner of the contest will be decided by our chosen panel of judges consisting of the SurfriderSD Executive Committee and other chapter leaders. The judges’ votes will be based on the following criteria:
– Overall Creativity and Concept
– Visual impact
– Event Recognition, is it easy to understand what the event is about immediately?
** Ten finalists will win a SurfriderSD gift reusable bag filled with goodies!! **
5. Focus on your design and don’t worry about getting the text exactly right. We can work with the winner on text and finer details for the final versions. Feel free to email if you have any questions.
Please email your submission to info@surfriderSD.org and thanks for your support!