Victory!!! By a 4-1 vote, Solana Beach’s City Council voted to adopt the draft Local Coastal Plan (LCP) Land Use Plan (LUP) approved in March by the California Coastal Commission (CCC). Special congratulations to Solana Beach resident and Surfrider Beach Preservation Committee co-chair Jim Jaffee. He has worked tirelessly for the past 10 years with the CCC, the City Council, and various bluff-top organizations to get this LUP accepted. Although the City Council voted to adopt the LUP, there is still work ahead on this issue. A couple amendments to the LUP still need to be hammered out to clarify a few remaining issues. The City Council is committed to a tight timeline to have those amendments go before the CCC in October of this year; and now work on the Local Implementation Plan (LIP) portion of the LCP will begin. However, this LUP adoption is a huge step and another victory for all of us who love the beaches, waves, and ocean!
- No Border Sewage Committee Hosts Quarterly Chapter Meeting
- 1st Annual Surf The Border Surf Contest – A Bi-National Collaboration with the Northern Baja Chapter
- 2016 Mid-Year Accomplishments Report
- StokeShare Surf Mentoring Volunteer Opportunity this Saturday!
- Surfrider to Hold Design Seminar for Sustainable Landscaping at The Water Conservation Garden, El Cajon