Surfrider Foundation, San Diego County Chapter
Development Manager Position (Part Time, 25 hours/week)
The Surfrider Foundation is a grassroots nonprofit environmental organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world’s oceans, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network. Founded in 1984 by a handful of visionary surfers in Malibu, California, the Surfrider Foundation now maintains over 250,000 supporters, activists and members worldwide. The San Diego County Chapter was formed in 1991 and today is one of the largest and most active chapters in the world.
The San Diego County Chapter is seeking a highly motivated person for the position of Development Manager. We are looking to recruit a self-motivated team member to work in a high volume, deadline dependent environment. The primary focus of this position is to support chapter activists with a focus on events, fundraising, marketing, and communications.
- Lead the Events/Fundraising committee and plan major fundraisers and other key chapter events
- Design, market and implement a corporate sponsorship program
- Seek out other funding opportunities such as grants
- Cultivate, manage and track donors
- Coordinate all fundraising inquiries and develop local partnerships, manage partnership agreements
- Assist Committee Leaders with events, grants and fundraising as needed
- Work with Surfrider Foundation Headquarters to develop donor outreach and joint partnerships that promote the chapter and organization’s larger mission objectives.
- Support board and committee leader development
- Build and expand strategic partnerships
- Oversee and assist Chapter Coordinator and interns
- Four-year college degree
- Basic knowledge of coastal/marine environmental issues
- Nonprofit management experience
- Fundraising and event management experience
- Public speaking skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Flexible schedule; available for weeknight meetings and some weekend events
- Self motivated
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse partners
- Strong social skills
- Must have own vehicle and a clean driving record
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: As soon as possible. Please email a resume and a cover letter as a .doc(x) or .pdf using file name ” [Last Name]_Cover” and “[Last Name]_Resume” to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday, August 8th, 2016.This is a 25 hour part time position based in San Diego County. The Surfrider Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Application deadline August 8, 2016