If you’ve been given this top secret link, it means you’ve got what it takes to join our elite beach cleanup strike team! Please read the guidelines below before signing up for a strike team beach cleanup.
Strike Team Safety Guidelines
- Be responsible! If you are feeling sick, have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, it is required that you not attend a Surfrider event, and recommended that you stay home, away from other people and consult your medical provider.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet for the duration of the cleanup, this includes set up and take down. Please be aware of the restrictions in your area and follow the greatest distance as established within your jurisdiction.
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering for the duration of the cleanup, this includes set up and take down. You can read more about CDC recommendations for cloth face coverings here.
- Wear gloves for the duration of the cleanup, this includes set up and take down. Chapters cannot provide reusable gloves to the public due to risk of spreading the virus, and as such participants must bring their own. We strongly recommend reusable gloves to decrease plastic pollution.
- Do not touch your face, eyes or mouth at any point during the cleanup. Avoid touching any public surfaces (handrails, benches), but if necessary, use hand sanitizer if you touched a surface and have yet to put on your gloves.
- You will be required to sign a liability waiver. If you are under 18 and your parent/legal guardian will NOT be present, please print this waiver, have your parent/legal guardian sign it, and bring with you.
Important Considerations for YOU to Know:
- Each cleanup will be limited to 25 (or less) volunteers. Please DO NOT bring anyone who has not signed up.
- Because we’re operating under strict group size limits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to cancel. This will allow another volunteer to take your spot.
- We will NOT be setting up a Surfrider canopy so pay close attention to the meetup location – for each cleanup, your Site Captain’s cell # will be provided in case you can’t find us!
- We recommend comfortable clothes, closed toed shoes, a hat and sunscreen. Bring your own reusable bag or bucket and gardening or work gloves if you have them – otherwise, we got you covered.
- Click below to sign up for email and text message alerts for upcoming cleanups