San Diego Chapter Coordinator
The San Diego County Chapter is seeking a highly motivated person for the position of Chapter Coordinator. Our team has an opportunity for a self-motivated, adaptable professional to work in a high volume, deadline dependent environment. The primary focus of this position is to support chapter activists with a focus on volunteer management, event planning, marketing, and communications. This position is full time and requires a flexible schedule.
- General office administration including permit applications, answer telephones, emails and general inquiries, maintain supply room inventory.
- Maintain regular communications with Surfrider Foundation members and volunteers via the website, email, social media, events calendar and other channels
- Manage volunteers, coordinate committees/programs, support and attend program meetings
- Oversee the ordering, and management of merchandise and outreach materials
- Work with the Executive Committee to create and manage an annual budget; track chapter expenses/revenue, provide monthly budget updates to the Executive Committee and monthly budget reports to Surfrider National
- Event planning; Plan and lead the Leadership Retreat, Chapter Meetings, International Surfing Day, Paddle for Clean Water, Annual Gala, Stone Anniversary Celebration and other annual events
- Plan and run volunteer appreciation events (holiday party, etc.)
- Coordinate chapter outreach efforts including staffing booths, prepping supplies for events, recruiting volunteers, giving presentations, and conducting media interviews
- Assist Chapter with fundraising efforts, supporting Development Manager and supplementary tasks
- Manage corporate and public beach cleanup programs, including permitting and supply management
- Provide support to programs and committees, supporting with meeting scheduling, permits, resources, budget management and volunteer recruitment
- Process general donations and membership
- Act as the primary volunteer coordinator by recruiting, engaging, managing and overseeing volunteers and interns; host bi-monthly core volunteer orientations, manage Volunteers for Salesforce, provide outreach for program volunteer needs
- Facilitate regular communication between the Executive Committee and Surfrider National Staff
- Work with the Executive Committee to ensure the chapter is in compliance with the by-laws, policies and procedures set by Surfrider Foundation’s global headquarters
- Support board and program leader development
- Assist with marketing key chapter events
- Four-year college degree
- Basic knowledge of coastal/marine environmental issues
- Administrative experience
- Nonprofit coordination experience
- Volunteer management experience preferred
- WordPress and web design experience
- Public speaking skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Flexible schedule; available for weeknight meetings and weekend events
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse partners
- Strong social skills
- Strong writing skills
- Budgetary experience
- Marketing experience preferred
- Social media experience preferred
- Must have own a vehicle and have a clean driving record
This is a full-time position based in San Diego County.
Commensurate with experience
As soon as possible.
Please email a resume and a cover letter as a .pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday April 25, 2018.
The Surfrider Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.