SAN DIEGO (May 20, 2015) – The Surfrider Foundation’s San Diego County Chapter, along with City Council President Sherri Lightner and City Council Member Chris Cate, will hold a news conference at 9:30 a.m. this morning to unveil the county-wide Ocean Friendly Restaurants campaign. The campaign aims to reduce beach pollution by working with the San Diego County restaurant community to voluntarily reduce the use of plastic food service items, including Styrofoam containers, plastic bags and disposable cups and utensils.
What: Surfrider Foundation’s Ocean Friendly Restaurants Campaign News Conference
When: TODAY, May 20, 9:30 a.m.
Where: Wonderland Ocean Pub, 5083 Santa Monica Ave, San Diego, CA 92107
- City Council President Sherri Lightner
- City Council Member Chris Cate
- Mark West, San Diego County Chapter Chair, Surfrider
- Jason Rubin, Rise Above Plastics Committee Co-Chair, Surfrider
- Hoffman Leung, Partner, Wonderland Pub
Visuals: “Show and Tell” display contrasting Ocean Friendly and non-Ocean Friendly food service items.
Twitter and FB: Follow along at #surfriderOFR
- Jonathan Heller| (619) 808-9323| email@example.com
- Jason Rubin| Surfrider | (949) 235-7419 | firstname.lastname@example.org