On Saturday, October 22nd our Ocean Friendly Gardens Committee will be hosting another Native Plants workshop!
From 9am-Noon on Saturday at the San Marcos Historical Society Heritage Park (1952 Sycamore Drive, San Marcos, CA 92069) you can learn why California native plants really are the easiest for your pocket book and your landscape!
- How you can help change the climate in your own backyard
- How to select the right kind of native plants
- Encouraging birds and butterflies in your yard
- Learn how to design a native plant garden to provide color year round
- How to create a garden that doesn’t require automatic irrigation
- 4 steps to creating healthy soil
- The 3 magic ingredients for native plant success
- 9 deadly mistakes that you want to avoid when planting
- The best and worst months to plant (if you are hoping to keep your plants alive!)
- How to maintain your native garden with little work as possible
In this class we will introduce you to 12 California native plants for your yard, and 4 native edibles.
Prevent costly mistakes by taking this class before you start planting.
Light lunch and refreshments provided and door prizes!
Learn more and sign up for the workshop here!