Social Media Internship
The Surfrider Foundation is a grassroots non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of our ocean, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network. The San Diego County Chapter is seeking an energetic, independent and motivated individual to fill the role of the social media intern. This position reports to the Chapter Coordinator to assist with specific campaigns, programs and committee outreach.
Social Media Responsibilities:
- Post creative campaign updates on facebook, instagram, and twitter
- Create and manage events on facebook
- Write monthly blogposts focused on a variety of SFSD campaigns and programs
- Build and manage social media campaigns calendar
- Review social media analytics and media management platforms
Public Relations Responsibilities:
- Organize and update media list
- Write event press releases
- Create Newsletters and Core Volunteer Emails
- Update Vertical Response and mailing lists
Applicants should have experience with creating marketing and communications along with an understanding of coastal environmental issues in San Diego. Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills, highly developed social media skills, organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage projects. He or she must be hard working, self-motivated and demonstrate a deep commitment for environmental protection.
Candidates must have, or be in the process of obtaining, a university degree.
Salary, Benefits & Terms
Compensation—unpaid, ideally for college credit
Schedule—Part time (10 hours/week)
Start Date—As soon as filled
End Date— A 3 month commitment at minimum
To Apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social Media Internship” in the subject line