Graphic Design and Website Development Internship
Surfrider Foundation San Diego is seeking a talented, energetic, independent and motivated individual to fill the role of the Graphics Design Intern. You will be a valued member of our team and will report to As a valued member of our team, you will help keep our website updated, create posters, flyers and social media graphics for events, campaigns and social media posts, and analyze data from Google Analytics and share insights that matter, This position reports to the Creative Committee Chair to assist with graphic design and web development needs.
The Surfrider Foundation is a grassroots non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of our ocean, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network. Surfrider Foundation San Diego oversees and protects San Diego’s 72 miles of coastline.
Salary, Benefits & Terms
- Compensation: unpaid
- Schedule: Part time (10-15 hours/week), will work remotely
- Start Date: As soon as filled
- End Date: A six (6) month minimum commitment
- Update Phase 2 of our WordPress website
- Maintain/add/remove content to/from our website, including campaign victories, partnership logos, program copy
- Quality control, debugging and testing of work
- Implement Google Analytics and report on insights
- Design creative (i.e. flyers, posters, social media graphics) to support our initiatives
Technical Requirements (Ryan to confirm):
- WordPress web development experience
- Fluent use of HTML and CSS
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- An interest in environmental protection
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently
- Relentlessly Resourceful
- Must be easy going with a good attitude
- Available for at least 10 hours/week
- Professional work-ethic
- Organized, self-starting, and detail-oriented
- Accessible during typical working hours
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in web/graphic design, or in the process of getting one, or the equivalent training/degree
- Must Have a Laptop
- We can provide access to Adobe Creative Suite
What You’ll Learn / Why Choose Us
- Work for a cause
- Further Your WordPress & Web Development Expertise
- Learn the bridge between technical implementation and results driven technical decision making. Know your ROI.
- Learn the Organizational Process of Taking Desired Outcomes and translating them through technology.
If you meet the requirements stated above and are interested in this position, please send your resume and a link to your online portfolio or PDF work samples to email@example.com with the subject line: Graphic Design and Website Development Internship.
Note: Candidates will not be considered without providing relevant, recent work samples
Download Internship Description here: Graphic Design Internship